Workforce, 2015 through 2021
These snapshots reflect breakdowns by “Professorial Faculty” and “Academic Professionals.” In December of 2022, presentations adopted the “University Faculty” and “RTE Faculty” nomenclature.
- 2015-2016 Workforce Factbook
- 2016-2017 Workforce Factbook
- 2017-2018 Workforce Factbook
- 2018-2019 Workforce Factbook
- 2019-2020 Workforce Factbook
- 2020-2021 Workforce Factbook
- 2021-2022 Workforce Factbook
Academic Employees, 2001 through 2017
Academic employees include ranked professors, instructors, lecturers, teaching associates, research and extension associates, librarians, and archivists. Temporary employees (including all post docs) and casual employees are thus excluded. Academics on leave are included. Headcounts are as of November 1.
Nonacademic Employees, 2001 through 2017
When counting employees, we exclude student employees, temporary employees, casual employees, and those on layoff or leave status. Headcounts are as of November 1 each year.
The 2011 Cornell University Factbook, a series of pdf documents, is available below.
- Undergraduate Tuition
- Cornell Graduate/Professional Tuition
- Degrees Conferred
- By Division and Program Area
- Human Resources
- Total Cornell Work Force
- Non-academic Staff
- Academic Staff
- Academic Non-Faculty
- Cornell University
- Rankings of Top Twenty University Research Libraries
- Organized Research Expenditures
- Sponsored Research Expenditures
- Top Twenty Institutions in R&D Expenditures
- External Environment